----------------------

Saturday, March 21, 2009

An homage to the past

I woke up this morning feeling somehow lighter, freer. The air smelled sweet and the sun was shining - a beautiful day in paradise. But that was not the cause of my elated mood - it's always nice here in Florida. No, something was different. Something had changed.






Oh, that's right. I'd CUT OFF ALL MY HAIR.


It's amazing how good you feel waking up to tangle-free locks first thing in the morning. Having had my hair long for years now, I just took for granted that every morning had to start with a battle with the rat's nest just to look like I own a comb. Truth is, as good as it looked when it behaved, a part of me hated my long, beautiful hair. It was a hassle. Now, I am free.

But part of me will miss my golden mane. So here is my homage to the 11" I donated to Locks of Love:

8 comments:

Allie said...

When did you acquire a big floppy hat collection?

Annasbones said...

Liking the new hair!
I've always been a fan of short hair myself :)

liliannattel said...

Your short hair looks great! And what a lovely gift for someone.

Miriam Goldstein said...

Welcome to the short-haired land! I arrived something like 8 years ago and never grew it out again.

Marvin said...

Okay, I'll admit that I've got a bias in favor of long hair, but still your donation to Locks of Love was great.

Margo said...

Your new hair looks GREAT! I love that feeling after getting a lot of hair cut. My younger daughter is donating to LOL in May. Good job!

Matt Oxley said...

I don't think i could handle cutting my hair...last time i cut it off i got rid of about a foot...and i nearly had a seizure.

You have a nice blog here, and you are quite gorgeous if I might be so bold. ;)

ranka said...

Cute new hair. :)